We love stories about your Optimist Club. Please tell us one and we'll add it to the website.
Click here, email, or post to Facebook. Thank you!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Doodle 4 Google

I love Google. I use it as a search engine, for research, and as a host for our PNW District Optimist Blog. One of the most delightful things about Google is the smile I get when I open my browser and see they have done something creative with the Google logo.

Over the past year, Google instituted a K-12 Program called Doodle 4 Google. They provided teacher resources, judging criteria, and prizes and invited students across the United States to participate by creating an original drawing using the theme "What if?" Shown here is a drawing from Barbara Paredes, Hall Elementary School, Gresham, Oregon. Her picture is titled " What if dragons were real?" Best of all you can now see drawings from all the regional winners right here.

I promise, I'll watch and get the word out when it's time to participate in 2008. Be sure to share this exciting project with the schools, teachers, and students that your Optimist Club serves. I hope you enjoy their creativity as do I.

Popular Posts