Optimist Clubs perform 65,000 projects in local communities each year. Which one is your favorite? How is your Optimist Club making a difference?
Optimist International invites you to tell your club's project story in a video with the first annual Reel Optimism campaign. Sponsored by the Optimist International Foundation, your winning entry might be awarded a grant for your Optimist Club. First prize is $1,000; second prize is $500; and third prize is $250. Entries must be received by March 1, 2013.
According to the Optimist International website, this is how you enter:
- Using the creativity of your Club Members and resources in your community to create a short, three minute or under, video answering the question, "What does Optimism mean to you and your Club?"
- Upload your finished video to YouTube by March 1, 2013. Your video submission must include your Club name and the hashtag #ReelOptimism. Including this hashtag will make it easier for us to find your submission.
- (To upload a video, you must have a YouTube account. For help uploading a video, click here.)
- Include a video description and "tags" for your video.
- After the video is uploaded, email the video link to email@example.com.
Click here to find out more about the competition.