We love stories about your Optimist Club. Please tell us one and we'll add it to the website.
Click here, email, or post to Facebook. Thank you!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Meet Optimist Coralee

Coralee Lord recording her experience at One Billion Rising
The Optimist Club of Chilliwack, BC has a new member. Coralee Lord has jumped right in to participate and to learn about other Optimist Clubs in our district, region and beyond via the internet.

I'm thrilled to have made her acquaintance through Facebook and email and especially honored that she has written in to tell us why she joined an Optimist Club. When I asked for a picture to include with this post, she was a little shy, but sent three to choose from. I chose the one where she was behind the camera, observing and recording an event so that she could share her experience with others.

Coralee says,
"I joined the Optimist club of Chilliwack two months ago. I joined because a friend encouraged me to. After I joined, I realized how much the club supported the local community. They have been in the community for over 25 years. I got to hear stories about helping to send a group of kids from our farming town of Chilliwack to a northern community in trade the northern kids came to our thriving community. The impact that had on both sets of kids was life changing. I see how devoted the optimists are to the kids in our community. 
I am proud to be an optimist and even prouder to belong to such a dynamic club as the Optimist Club of Chilliwack. I work as a nurse in our local hospital and I LOVE the idea of being in a club that has such an positive impact on our future Chilliwack."
Welcome Coralee and thank you for sharing your enthusiasm with us. We hope to meet you in person soon.

Popular Posts