Ten days remain in the Optimist International administrative year. There's time for every Optimist Club to meet the District's number one goal: Honor Club.
The requirements of Honor Club are:
- Complete 3 service projects
- Complete all financial obligations
- Complete recognition of a community or club member as an Optimist of the Year or Friend of Youth
- Complete the President's Pride report
- End the year with +1 or more members than were on the roster when the year began
People often say that they aren't in an Optimist Club to receive awards. Well, that's fine; Honor Club is not an award - it is recognition that your Optimist Club is completing the minimum requirements that will keep it healthy for years to come. It is recognition that your Optimist Club cares about its community and its members as well as it cares about children. It is recognition of a year well-served.
Don't let the year end without reaching your goal. Click here to see what your Optimist Club needs to do to march its way into an Honor Club.