|PNW Optimist Club projects on parade|
- Nampa Optimist Football
- Optimist International Junior Curling Club
- West Tacoma Optimist Tri-Star Basketball
- Coffee Stop by the Chehalis-Centralia Optimist Club
- Meridian Optimist Club Casino Nights
- Scholarships from Mission Optimist Club and Caldwell Optimist Club
- Coats for Kids with the Jerome and Twin Falls Optimist Clubs
- Pronto Pups from the Oregon City Optimist Club
- Two Easter bunnies and a suspicious young bunny
There were hamburger and pancake flippers, junior golf tournaments, alcohol monitors and many more varied projects that our Optimist Clubs carry out each year. It was easy to see that the fundraising projects were equally as well liked as the community service projects and that is probably because of the cameraderie that we share. When we come together as an Optimist Club, we bring out the best in youth, our communities and ourselves.
Governor Mike placed an emphasis on fun at the first quarter meeting and Boise State fans were delighted to see their team win at the tailgate party, but we also completed some business including finalizing the policy revisions for the CCDHH and Oratorical Contests, passing a new budget for the year and reviewing the end of previous year financial report and minutes.
Optimist International Vice President Linda Vaught Disney encouraged the PNW District to be a part of the GROWTH SURGE being led by International President Dave Bruns and by the end of Saturday evening the assembled group was ready to lead their Optimist Clubs and the PNW District, right here, right now. Here's looking forward to a great year!
|The PNW District Optimist 2015-2016 leadership team and committee chairs|