For most Optimist Clubs, the e-Postcard is sufficient. This option is open to all clubs with less than $50,000 income.
The filing should be completed by the president, secretary/treasurer or someone designated by the president. The information needed to complete the form at http://www.epostcard.form990.org follows:
- Employer identification number (EIN), also known as a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
- Tax year
- Legal name and mailing address
- Any other names the organization uses
- Name and address of a principal officer
- Web site address if the organization has one
- Confirmation that the organization’s annual gross receipts are $50,000 or less
- If applicable, a statement that the organization has terminated or is terminating (going out of business)
Should you need any help completing your form, please call 208.861.2310.