You might remember that the 2014-2015 Optimist Club year focused on the positive benefits of your Optimist Club reaching Honor Club status. Among them was a commitment to fellow club members, the community, youth and ourselves that we were going to be around for a long time.
Honor Club is a minimum achievement with maximum benefits. Here are the requirements for the 2015-2016 Optimist International administrative year:
- Conduct three or more service projects
- Meet financial obligations with Optimist International and the District
- Recognize a community or club member as an outstanding Optimist, Friend of Youth, or other honor. Report the recognition on this form.
- Complete the President's Pride Report. Complete the President's Pride online at www.optimistleaders.org or by downloading the form here.
- End the year with one or more members than it started with (net +1)
Currently, as of June 15, 2016, the Optimist Clubs that are on track to receive Honor Club are:
Zone 1 British Columbia
Vancouver, BC +1
Zone 2 Idaho
Horseshoe Bend, ID +2
Meridian, ID +1
McCall, ID +2
Nampa, ID +1
Zone 3 Oregon
Albany, OR +3
Beaverton, OR +1
Lebanon, OR +15
Portland Northeast, OR +2
Portland Peninsula, OR +6
Roseburg, OR +6
Zone 4 Washington
Issaquah, WA +1Optimist International recognizes members who have sponsored 3 or more new members into an Optimist Club. The recent Leadership Hotline recognized the following members for their recruitment efforts:
Share-a-Smile, WA +1
- Jim McDaniel, Lebanon Optimist Club
- Helen Ramsdell, Lebanon Optimist Club
- John Teuscher, Portland Peninsula Optimist Club
- William Tucker, Lebanon Optimist Club
- Linda Vaught Disney, Share-A-Smile Optimist Club
This is your call to action! Follow their lead. Sponsor a new member - or three - into your Optimist Club and help make a difference in your community by being an Optimist Honor Club.