It's that time of year: crunch time!
Between now and September 30 all Optimist Clubs should be working hard to ensure that they finish as an Honor Club or better.
The Optimist Honor Club is a time-tested method of proving the viability of your Optimist Club today and into the future.
For the 2015-2016 administrative year, the requirements for Honor Club are:
- Complete at least three service projects a year (submit President's Pride Report)
- Recognize a Club member or local community individual
- Award Certification Document
- Grow Club by net plus 1
- Be current on District and OI dues
- Meet Honor Club requirements
- Charter a new Optimist Club OR
- Add net 15 new members to your Optimist Club
I've heard it said that less than 25% of all Optimist Clubs are Honor Clubs. If Optimist International is to reach 100,000 members by its 100th anniversary, we must do better than that. Each Optimist Club and each Optimist Club member must take it upon themselves to complete the minimum requirements.
Following the trend, 25% of the Optimist Clubs in the PNW District are on track for Honor Club through membership growth at this time. They are:
- SFU, BC +2
- Vancouver, BC +1
- Vancouver-North Shore, BC +1
- Meridian, ID +1
- McCall, ID +2
- Nampa, ID +1
- Albany, OR +4
- Lebanon, OR (Distinguished) +15
- Portland-Northeast, OR +2
- Portland-Peninsula, OR +6
- Roseburg, OR +6
- Issaquah, WA +1
So let's do it. Let's make the llama happy. Make your Optimist Club an HONOR CLUB.