We love stories about your Optimist Club. Please tell us one and we'll add it to the website.
Click here, email, or post to Facebook. Thank you!

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Promise to live the Creed 1.11

He lives at the North Pole. That in itself is enough to declare he is an optimist, but to top it all off, he spends all year-round watching out for good little girls and boys and helping the elves make toys to delight the good children on Christmas morn.

Who are we talking about?

Santa Claus, of course, a.k.a. Kris Kringle.

During a recent conversation, Kris told me that he lives by the tenets of the Optimist Creed. Here's what he said:

"Every day I wake up strong. Nothing disturbs my peace of mind.

Every day I greet Mrs. Claus with positive words. We only speak of health, happiness and prosperity.

When I see the elves, I applaud their work. I like everyone in the toy shop to feel happy.

Of course I always looks at the sunny side of everything. That's how I make my optimism come true.

When I make my list, I think only of the best, work only for the best and expect only the best. I want more children on the nice list than on the naughty one.

When the elves develop a new toy or a new manufacturing process I delight in their success.

I never think about the time that Rudolph and I took the wrong turn in the snowstorm. Instead, I press on to the greater achievements of the future. We have a lot of miles to cover one day a year!

If you've ever seen me, you know I'm always wearing a smile.

It's hard to critical when you think of Christmas year-round. I work hard on my holiday attitude and physique throughout the year.

I am too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble. It's just who I am."

You can be like Santa. Just choose to live the Optimist Creed.

Merry Christmas to all!




Popular Posts