Optimist International President Jim Kondrasuk has declared the 2016-2017 administrative year to be the Year of the Honor Club.
What's this? Isn't every year the year of the Honor Club?
Each year, less than 25% of all Optimist Clubs earn the Honor Club recognition, so that means even fewer go on to receive the Distinguished Club designation. We can do better than that!
Clubs that meet the Honor Club designation have completed the minimum steps to ensure their Optimist Club is healthy and growing to serve future generations. Clubs that earn the Distinguished Club designation have served not only their club and community, but they have also expanded the reach of Optimist International by starting a new Optimist Club or adding fifteen or more new members to their club, equivalent to starting a new Optimist Club.
In an effort to encourage more Optimist Clubs to seek the best in administration, community service and growth, President Jim created a Goal Setting Plan for 2016-2017. In case this is the first time that you have seen this plan, be assured, March is as good a time to get started as October. There's plenty of time to make your Optimist Club an Honor Club.
Click on the pictures to enlarge and print. Here are the eight steps to Honor Club:
- Complete three or more service projects each year
- Complete the President’s Pride Report and Club Officer-Elect Form
- Recognize a Club member or local community individual
- Grow Club by Net of +3 in membership
- Appoint a Club Foundation Representative and make a non-restricted contribution to the OIF or CCOF
- Conduct a Membership Recruitment/Drive such as a NOW Program
- Club President or Club President-Elect (or two Designees) attend District Convention (or two other District meetings/conferences)
- Be current on District and OI Dues and Fees
Add one more step and be a Distinguished Optimist Club:
- Add Net + 15 in membership OR Build one or more new Clubs OR
- Increase by Net + 8 and build two or more JOOI Club
Please do your part to make certain that your Optimist Club is an Honor Club.
Together we can make our communities and our organization healthy, vital and brimming with optimism. Together we can.