- To develop optimism as a philosophy of life, utilizing the tenets of the Optimist Creed;
- To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs;
- To inspire respect for the law;
- To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people;
- To aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of humankind, community life and the world.
What makes an Optimist Club different from any other service organization in the world is our positive, upbeat attitude. We believe that the Optimist difference is shown in our name and our actions. Sharing our outlook with others provides hope and allows us to bring out the best in YOUth.
Unless otherwise noted, all content on this website has been created and posted by Linda Vaught to help raise awareness for Optimist Clubs, especially clubs in the Pacific Northwest. She may be reached at 208.861.2310 for comments, presentations and support. You may also contact Linda Vaught by clicking here.