We love stories about your Optimist Club. Please tell us one and we'll add it to the website.
Click here, email, or post to Facebook. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Optimist Club underway in Eagle, Idaho

You gotta own it. That's what I have been telling myself for a couple of days now because I have been hesitant to write about a new club building effort that is underway in Eagle, Idaho. Why have I been afraid to talk about it? Perhaps because of the fear of failure; but no more. I am ready to own the effort and and I am ready to meet the challenges and greet the opportunities that await us in Eagle and other communities in Idaho and beyond.

Here is the scoop: Rocky Jackson, Ron Petersen and I have been walking the streets talking about starting a new Optimist Club in the Eagle community. We have the green light from the mayor, we have spoken with hundreds of business owners and residents and we are now poised for our first formal informational meeting. It will be held on Thursday, August 6 at the Willowcreek Grill, 1065 Winding Creek Road, Eagle, ID.

At that time we hope to wow them with all the fantastic projects that an Optimist Club can perform. We also want to hear from them just how they think an Optimist Club will enrich their community. We'd love to hear from everyone! Please send me a message if you are interested in participating or just join us at 7:00 pm, August 6. I can't wait to meet you!

Are you an Optimist Club member in the PNW District that is ready to overcome their fear of starting a new club? Please give Rocky a call and he will help get you started today. 208-870-3414.

Popular Posts