We love stories about your Optimist Club. Please tell us one and we'll add it to the website.
Click here, email, or post to Facebook. Thank you!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Promise to Live the Creed 1.5

Today we recognize the PNW District Bulletin Editor Becky Williams Holm. She is serving in an enhanced capacity for Governor Rick Matkin to help all PNW District Optimist Clubs with press releases. When your club conducts a project, hosts an event or celebration, adds new members, or does anything noteworthy, send some information to Becky and she'll help you get it in the paper. Click here to send a message or copy down her email.

When asked if she would make the promise to Live the Creed, Becky replied yes with the following words:
"Recently I gave a speech that started as if I was in a 12 Step group. I said, 'Hi, my name is Becky, and I'm an Optimist. No really, I am an Optimist which is ironic because the last three years of my life have sucked! My 30 year marriage ended, my eight year business failed and early this year I lost my mom. Yet through it all, I remained optimistic.'

There's not a day goes by that some part of the Creed flits through my consciousness and uplifts me, inspiring me to go on. When facing difficult days, I find renewed strength remembering the words, “Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.”

Another thing that inspires me is our Roseburg Optimist club. We are growing, taking on new challenges and meeting more needs."
Congratulations Becky, for making the Optimist Creed a part of your life and thank you for all that you do for your community and others through the Optimist Club.

If you promise to live the Optimist Creed, please send your picture to the PNW District for posting. Thank you.

Popular Posts